- The client form must be filled out and and returned within 2 weeks of booking.
- The full amount of the cost of the holiday/course must be paid at the time of the booking or within 2 weeks of booking if paid by bank transfer or cheque but no later than 2 weeks before the start of the holiday/course.
- 25% of the holiday/course is non refundable.
- The remaining 75% amount is only refundable if the holiday/course is cancelled 6 weeks or more before the start of the holiday/course.
- Gift Certificates are valid for 2 years from the date of purchase and are non-refundable as they have no starting date.
- If the balance is not paid in time we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and apply the cancellation charges outlined below.
- The booking is not accepted and no contract exists until the date shown on the confirmation invoice issued by the company.
- We accept payment by credit and debit card, but we will not use these details for any other purpose than that agreed by you to pay for your holiday, nor will we keep any of your personal bank details, or share them with any other parties.
- If you wish to cancel your holiday, this must be done in writing by the person whose name the holiday is invoiced to.
- If you cancel your booking more than 6 weeks before the first day of your holiday, you will receive a refund of monies paid, minus the 25% non-refundable deposit.
- If you cancel your holiday less than 6 weeks before the first day of your holiday you will receive no refund on monies paid.
- We will not cancel your holiday unless (i) we are forced to do so by unforeseeable circumstances: adverse weather conditions, acts of God; or (ii) if the minimum number needed to operate our holidays has not been met. In the latter case we will advise you no later than 28 days prior to departure.
- If the holiday has to be cancelled for any reason then you will be informed and offered another holiday.
- If this is not acceptable to you we will refund all payment made to us in respect of the holiday cost, but we will not be liable to refund you for any damages and incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking, such as visas, non-refundable connecting flights etc.
- Unexplored Scotland reserves the right to change the itinerary advertised for any holiday, at any time and for any reason, such as adverse weather conditions, forestry operations and other seasonal activities, e.g. deer culling.
- No refund will be given once the trip/course has started.
- No refund will be given, if the trip/course has to be cancelled after the start, due to safety or undisclosed health or personal reasons.
Insurance, Responsibility & Equipment
- To take part in our holidays you must include adequate insurance for baggage, medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become too ill to continue. Any claims concerning matters for which you are insured must be directed to your insurers.
- Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realise the risks and hazards of such a holiday, including the dangers inherent in cycling either on the road or off the road, or the dangers inherent in the other activities included in individual holidays.
- On an adventurous holiday it is necessary that you abide by the authority of the leader, who represents the company. Completing our booking form signifies your agreement to this, and if you commit any illegal act when on the holiday or if in the reasonable opinion of the leader your behaviour is causing or likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others we may terminate your travel arrangements without any liability on our part. If you are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the holiday; you must advise us of this at the time of booking.
- Our responsibility does not commence until the appointed time at the designated meeting point. If you fail to arrive there at the appointed time for whatever reason, we will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by you to meet up with the group.
- We shall not be held liable for any damages caused by the total, or partial failure to carry out the contract if such failure is due to the theft of any personal equipment or injury as a result of any outdoor activity either on or off road or on water and in particular injuries as a result of either inadequately maintained and serviced personal equipment or failure to wear the correct safety equipment most notably helmets.
- When you sign the booking form, or accepting confirmation of booking if done online you agree to accept all these conditions and when we accept your booking we agree to carry out our obligations as defined to you in all materials sent to you from us. This agreement is made subject to, and must be interpreted and enforced by Scots Law.
- Any likeness or image of you secured or taken on any of our holidays may be used by the company without charge in all media (whether now existing or in they future) for bona fide promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures, videos and the internet.
- Please ensure that your any personal equipment is adequately maintained and insured. We will take all reasonable care when transporting personal equipment; however we are not responsible financially for any damage caused by a third party during our trip or in transit to the start point of the holiday.
- Unexplored Scotland may provide equipment for holiday or courses. The cost for the equipment is included in the total price of the holiday or course.
- While using Unexplored Scotland equipment the user is responsible for it. If for reasons of carelessness, improper use or negligence Unexplored Scotland equipment is lost or damaged; the user is responsible for the full cost of replacement or repair.