For 2017 we purchased some new high quality tents for our clients. We decided have a selection of MSR Access 2 and MSR Remote 2 tents. These tents are all season rated and after some testing in pretty wet and windy conditions we have come to the conclusion that they are worth every penny. Here are some details of the tents.
MSR Remote 2
A strong, four-season refuge for two mountaineers, the Remote 2 tent offers the protection you need with the livability that keeps you levelheaded for days or weeks in the harsh alpine. Built to withstand fierce winds and heavy snow loads, the double-wall tent features a sturdy central-support frame and nearly indestructible Easton® Syclone™ poles. Reinforced guy-out points provide reliable tension, and snow flaps seal out spindrift. With its spacious interior and gear-harboring vestibule, the Remote 2 tent becomes a secure haven when you’re hunkered down on the side of a mountain. Compare MSR's all-season tents Robust
- Design: Unique central-support frame combines with ultra-durable
- Easton Syclone Poles to withstand severe conditions and heavy snow loads.
- Reinforced Guy-Out Points: Prevent fabric tears and keep double-wall tent well-tensioned in ferocious winds.
- Spacious: Larger floor plan and extra headroom create a generous interior for 2 climbers in bulky winter gear, while the large hooped vestibule with snow flaps shelters climbing equipment.
- Easy Setup: Color-coded pole clips for quick tent setup in any conditions.
- Additional Features: DuraShield™-coated fabrics and taped bathtub floor; two internal pockets; multiple reflective guy points.
MSR Access 2 Ultralight
MSR Access 2 Ultralight packed[/caption]MSR Access 2 Ultralight packed[/caption]An ultralight, four-season solo tent, the Access 1 winter touring tent was built to meet the needs of backcountry skiers, splitboarders and snowshoers. Lighter than a mountaineering tent, but warmer than a three-season backpacking tent, it offers ample comfort on cold winter nights, yet remains light in your pack while skiing or hiking. The tent features a central-support frame that withstands overnight snow loading, and offers generous space inside for bulky gear. Ideal for the protected winter conditions found near tree-line, the Access 1 tent strikes the perfect balance of winter-grade warmth without the weight.
- Ultralight Warmth: Limited mesh on the tent body keeps in all that hard-earned warmth on cold nights, while the tent’s light design keeps you nimble while on the move.
- Easton® Syclone™ Poles: Cutting-edge composite materials resist breaking in challenging winter conditions.
- Robust Frame: Central-support frame optimizes interior space and resists snow loading.
- Quick Setup: Perfect for cold environments.
- Additional Features: DuraShield™-coated fabrics and taped bathtub floor; one door; one internal pocket; multiple guy points.